Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Worth the Effort

   The past five days have been one reminder after another that God is intensely personal and equally persistent with mere mortals such as I. Even more intriguing is this sudden awareness that He does not see me as a "mere mortal", but as someone He takes great delight in....a girl who looks to Him to be worth the effort.

   Now, I'm someone who likes to earn my keep.
Please, oh please let me take the messy jobs for You. Give me the swamp water to wade in with a thousand leeches and slimy eels circling my feet. And pick me for the dark, cobwebbed, dead ends to sweep. I have nothing better to offer than what I can DO for You, so my hand is up for the ugliest possible landscape You have going. You are worth it.

    So for God to point out my worth to Him while I am in an obvious state of utter uselessness (never mind my reasoning on that), is a bit.........breathtaking.

   My idea of "breathtaking" is clearly defined in this shot I took last night while sitting (buns freezing), on a point in Maine, wrapped up in a blanket with my ipod chugging worship music into my soul.


   And equally breathtaking were these words by Kari Jobe that filtered into my heart, and somehow at that moment, believing they were written about  me and for me by my God of grace.




You're my beloved, you're my bride
To sing over you is my delight
Come away with me my love

Under my mercy come and wait
Till we are standing face to face
I see no stain on you my child

You're beautiful to me
So beautiful to me

I sing over you my song of peace
Cast all your cares down at my feet
Come and find your rest in me

I'll breathe my life inside of you
I'll bear you up on eagle's wings
And hide you in the shadow of my strength

I'll take you to my quiet waters
I'll restore your soul
Come rest in me and be made whole

You're my beloved, you're my bride
To sing over you is my delight
Come away with me my love